Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time to slow down for a minute!


This past few weeks have been busy in our lives. My second sister, Kathie, was admitted to the hospital on January 27th with bacterial meningitis. Her chances of survival at the time of being admitted were 50/50. My other sister, Suzie, and her husband, David, and their 2 kids, Katie and Mitchell, drove down to Fallon, Nevada to be with Kathie. She was so disoriented and confused and being very combative with the nurses and doctors that they had to sedate her and restrain her arms. She had quite the struggle and the hardest fight of her life. I am so happy to say that she is doing much better and is now living in Washington with Suzie and her family. During all of this, she also had a heart attack and thankfully, there was no damage done to her heart.
On February 3rd, Andrew and I flew to Reno to be with Kathie. I cannot tell you what that experience meant to me. To be there with my sister while she was fighting the battle of her life and to be able to help her walk out of that hospital, healthy and alive, was such an honor. Andrew and I just got back home on February 14th which also happened to be our 6 year anniversary.
Words cannot express how much I love my family and how grateful I am to have each and every one of them in my life. Coming this close to losing one of my family members has really made me re-evaluate my priorities. Not that my family didn't mean the world to me before. They just mean more to me now than ever before!
So...we are trying to get our lives back to normal. After being gone for 11 days and being away from my kiddos, we are still trying to get back into that "routine" we call life! Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: