Wednesday, December 16, 2009


On December 14, 2009, one of the most beautiful women in both spirit and body, was taken from this earth to live eternally with her Heavenly Father. Our beloved Grandmother, Isabell Erickson Wing, passed away peacefully in Price, Utah.
What an amazing woman Grandma was! She gave us all so many lasting memories that will be treasured for the rest of our lives. Grandma loved to make things. Weather it was food, or crafts, she had an amazing talent with her hands. She loved porcelin dolls and had an amazing collection of them. Most of them she made herself. Grandma loved flowers! There were always flowers of all kinds in her house. She especially loved peonies (I know that's misspelled).
I will always remember when we lived in Colorado just right up the street, 9 houses to be exact, from Grandma and Grandpa. We even lived with them for a short time when we first moved to Colorado. Grandma always made the best dinners for us. Corned Beef and Cabbage, Beef Stew, Ham...all of those savory dishes that Grandmas make. Every Christmas, Grandma would make her "Everything But The Kitchen Sink" Cookies. We called them that because there were SO many ingredients in them...everything but the kitchen sink! The Christmas of 2001, Grandma went back to Colorado to spend Christmas with us. Before she got there, I told her that the only thing I wanted for Christmas that year from anyone was her cookies. Low and behold, Grandma baked some of her cookies just for me! That made my Christmas the best ever! Oh how I loved those cookies.
Grandma loved to hear her Grandchildren and children share their talents with her. Every Christmas, we would gather at Grandma and Grandpas house (and there were a lot of us) and all of the Grandkids would put together a show for Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma would sit there the whole time with the biggest smile on her face just soaking up every note and loving every minute. She would praise every one of us and tell us how talented we were and make us all feel like stars!!!
Words cannot describe the love that I have for this woman. We are so fourtnate to still have a piece of her with us through our Mother who is just as beautiful, loving and kind as our Grandmother! When I look at my Mom, I see my Grandma. They were two peas in a pod! Grandma will truely be missed by so many! She will forever hold a very special place in my heart. I love you, Grandma!

No comments: